For about the last 3 weeks or so, Alan has absolutely hated going to "school". He would start asking me every morning as soon as the alarm went off if this was a "stay at home day". I think he's been unhappy at school, since most of his friends have gone on to K4 and several of them have gone to completely different schools. I guess this was one of the drawbacks of moving him up a class last year. He was repeating the class and had already mastered the curriculum. He has been able to write his name since he was 2 1/2 years old....so that class was an old hat. Well, Monday on the way home from school, I asked him if he wanted me to find him a new school and he said yes...... Well, I did!
Alan starts Lighthouse Christian Academy on Bell Road tomorrow. He is sooooo excited to go to "Big Boy School". He helped Daddy put the stickers on our cars and told him about his new school. His exact words: "I don't like my old school anymore. So I am going to a new school. It's a big boy school." He already has his clothes picked out for tomorrow and seems to really look forward to going. He even helped me choose his lunches for the rest of the week. Hopefully he will be this excited tomorrow morning. It does help that he saw 2 classmates from his "old school" at LCA today.
His schedule will pretty much remain the same as what he is used to except I think the curriculum will be a little more challenging, which will be a great thing for him. They use the ABEKA curriculum. Heck, in K5, they will be teaching him how to write in cursive. In K4 (next year) he will be learning how to read. I think they will cover some of that in his K3 class. He is such a bright little boy and it has been sooo hard the last 3 weeks to leave him somewhere he did not want to be....
I will hopefully be back on tomorrow night with a post about how much he loved it and how easy drop off was!!!
Much love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Lighthouse is an excellent school. I hope he thrives there!
Post a Comment