Here's some pictures from our party on Sunday:
The party went well. The kids got there, played outside for a little bit, it was in the lower 60's.... then I brought them in, put white t-shirts on them, and let them paint some wooden train engines I got at Michael's for $0.99. I had already written the child's name and date on the front and on the back, I wrote Alan's 4th bday party. We put those outside to dry and then I hung them on their goody bags to take home. We played Alan's Thomas Bingo and used Hershey's kisses as the markers. I already see how that can be improved..... After bingo, it was Cake time!! Then it was back outside to let the kids run off some sugar.
The goody bags were just brown bags with handles from the craft dept at Wal-Mart, that I let Alan decorate with markers and stickers Sunday morning. In their bags was the candy bars, some of the those blow toys, various dime store type stuff and individualized notebooks. I bought some little notebooks at Sam's club, I printed up some labels on it that had Thomas then "Child's Name" Notebook in the middle and then another Thomas picture. I just added to the bottom of that label the child's name again and a Thomas engine saying thanks for coming to Alan's birthday party. I cut the child's name and Thomas Thank You and pasted on the outside of the bag....hey, when you only have to do seven bags, it's easy....
We served dinner for those that wanted to stick around at about 5 pm (smoked pork butt, grilled sausage, baked beans, broccoli salad and potato salad.) The butts, beans and sausage all cooked on the grill during the party. Everything else was already made.
Alan finally got to open his presents after bath.....wow, I think he wasn't sure what he wanted to play with first. (He got up still trying to play with everything...lol)
Neither Alan nor Ryan took a nap yesterday, so they were in melt down mode.... big time.... Needless to say, after all the excitement, they were very hard to get to go to bed....Pretty much, threw them in bed with me, held on tight and we all went to sleep.
Sorry it was so long in between posts...hopefully we can keep up a little better during the holidays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment