Hmmm, let's see. Last Friday, we went up to the lake since Alan has been wanting to swim since we came home from Hilton Head.
So, I have everything ready to go when Patrick gets home. Then we spend 1 hour looking for the dang portable dvd player...... *whew* we finally found it tucked in a corner in the first closet we looked in. So, off we head to the lake house. Stop and fuel up the gas guzzler. Decided we didn't want to stop at Wal-Mart for milk, but we would just stop at the little convenience store down the road. Well, it turns out they had gotten robbed at gunpoint. We decide to try back later.
Get to the lake, start the house cooling down, eat dinner (I had everything made, just needed to do the microwave steam veggies). Call the store, they aren't opening back up, so we head to the Dollar General. TG they have milk! Alan has to have his chocolate milk, that's his security blanket.
Saturday morning, we have a lazy morning. We were waiting for the rain to come and go so we could go play in the water. Rain never came. About 11:30 am, Alan came to me and said his groin hurt. I look, had daddy look and he said his boy parts look swollen. Called and talked to the ped nurse and then started the long wait for her to call us back with instructions of what to do. Well, she calls us back and we have to get Alan to the ER stat. They wanted an ultrasound done. So, then comes the question, what do we do? Do we pack up everything? Do we just leave everything and head back to town? Do I just take Alan and leave Patrick, Ryan and the dog at the lake??? Decisions, decisions, decisions.... in the end, we loaded up everyone and everything and headed back to town.
Alan did amazing at the hospital. He peed in the cup, let them do the ultrasound, etc with hardly any problems. They didn't find anything. He later told me he had blood either in his urine or on him. I wonder if he may have passed a kidney stone.
Sunday was a lazy day. Monday was try to get yourself back into routine day. Tuesday was another Monday...lol Alan has been spitting at people when he is mad. So, now we are working on that little problem. At least it's not hitting, etc. He just has to find a healthy way to express his anger.
Wednesday, I had another grant writing class to go to. Bob Zyenah ROCKS! It was a very good class right up until the end. My laptop gave me the blue screen of death. Yep, it died!! TG my dad did a back up 3 weeks ago and I had cleaned everything off of it right after that. So, they only thing I lost was the grant proposal I worked on in class. At least it was one that had already been submitted!!!
So, now I am typing on my new Dell laptop. Best Buy had one on sell for $599 and it's tax free day tomorrow, so they just gave me 10% off today. Works for me!
Ryan has learned a couple of new words this week. Slushie and cookie.... hmm, think he likes sweets?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment